Is Andreas Fath ready for this test of his endurance? He says he has never been in better shape. And no wonder, because he has been training intensively for the marathon challenge for a year now.
A competitive swimmer since 1973 (WSV Speyer) winning several Pfalz and Rheinland-Pfalz championships.
Joined SV Nikar Heidelberg in 1983.
Greatest successes in the swimming pool:
- German relay recordholder (1986)
- German university champion (1989)
Open water successes:
- 1996 fastest crossing of Lake Constance from Romanshorn to Friedrichshafen
- 2008 Winner of the Zürich Marathon Swim (Rapperswill to Zürich) 26.7 km, (over-40 age group), Record of 6hrs 17mins still stands
- 2011 “Earl of Pearl”, Zeller See, 5 km Open Water, (open category)
- 2012 German Masters’ Champion (45 age group) 2,500 m and 5,000 m open water swimming
- Various triathlons (Offenburg, Heidelberg, Highlander, Eurodistrict La Wantzenau, …) “First out of the water”
- 2013 “Earl of Pearl” (over-40) and runner-up in open category
- 2012 and 2013 Baden-Württemberg Champion over 5,000 m (45 age group), Time: 1hr 04mins 52secs
- 2014 Swimming the river Rhine for science over 1.231 km within 25 days